09 October 2006

Das Gemüse. The Vegetables. Das Gemüse.

If you're going to run against the Cannon machine in the third congressional district in Utah, you'd better be pretty creative. Or rich. Or insanely conservative. Or all of the above. Christian Burridge is this year's Democratic challenger to Chris Cannon and, although he seems like a really, really nice guy, Mr. Burridge doesn't seem to have any of the attributes mentioned above.

What Burridge does have is a camcorder, some sweet Michael McClean music, and the love and adoration of his family and close friends. Burridge ripped off Called To Serve and made an awesome video highlighting some of the qualities that prove he can do well in Congress.

Here it is:

Burridge for Congress

I was hoping for a scene or two with Mr. Burridge riding his bike in a suit or perhaps ogling the one hot sister missionary in the MTC (I guess that is a complaint with Mr. Burridge's version and the original Church-produced version of Called to Serve as well).

I did like that his former missionary companion implies that he "came out" to Mr. Burridge on the mission. Also of note is Mrs. Burridge's intimation that her husband has to dumb things down for her to understand what he is talking about.

I wish this guy all the success in the world. Chris Cannon sucks. Vote Burridge!

7 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

With those chompers, his wife could build a beaver damn in 3 minutes flat. I'm sure she could also build a suspension bridge from Saratoga Springs to Orem right across Utah Lake (I think that's what he was referring to when he said fix our transportation problems). We NEED this man in congress.

Informant said...

BA,

As the only person who reads this blog, and consequently the only person who reads this blog who also votes in Mr. Burridge's district, it is up to you to send this patriot to Washington.

Sammy Pow said...

You've even lost the support of your wife? I see a lot of parallels with you Burridge, maybe you should explain your views in plain terms so everyone can understand... jk Liz.

Tara said...

Geez, what a snoozefest! I did like how his mission companion said that he could tell he really cared because he put his elbows on the table and leaned forward to listen. That's really taught me about how I want to show people I care. good stuff.

Lizzy said...

Ha ha, BA.

But seriously, John, maybe you could explain it to me later?

Informant said...

I don't know about a lot of parallels, but there are certainly some. 1) We're both portly. 2) We both look great in Dockers. 3) We both dislike fruit.

That's it.

Anonymous said...

There must be more parallels than that... 4) both not gay ...

Ways you are different: 1) Informant has perfect teeth -- this guy needs some major dental work.

I must say that I respect this guy. Instead of complaining about how Republicans dominate Utah politics and that for that reason alone people should vote Democrat, he's actually running.