09 May 2006

video.google.com

I don't know what motivates people to record themselves being stupid, but I'm glad they do it. One of the best things I have found in the last little while is Google Video. You can find pretty much anything that you can imagine. I especially like awesome guitar solos. As a crappy guitarist myself, I know garbage when I see it. Really, anything music related is golden. Here are some of my favorites this week:

Metallica One Intro Solo

Arjun and Panu. "Arjun, how can we score some hot 8th grade chicks?" "I don't know, Panu. But lip syncing a Weezer song is probably a good place to start."


Kids & Nirvana. The only way this makes sense is if it is a commercial for an orthodontist trying to appeal to Generation X girls who got pregnant in high school and now have kids who need braces. At least that is the only thing I can think of.

Guerrilla Radio. I don't think this performance was at an LDS Institute dance, but I've been wrong before.

Gray's Freestyle Rap. And you thought myspace was only dangerous because of child predators.

Vindicated. Is that a girl or the singer from The Killers?

Vindicated , Part II. Dashboard Confessional provides an endless source of crappy videos. This kid has it all. Wind blowing through his hair. Bad choreography. Stupid symbolism. He has a bright future in the music business. I bet he doesn't have any brothers. And if he does have brothers, I hope they beat the living hell out of him. That is the only way to learn.

Huey Lewis & The News. This is probably the greatest video ever. The bandmembers have obviously studied Robert Palmer videos. The lead singer has some of the best moves I have ever seen and he might be Dell Schanze. Look out, he might pull a gun on you!

Enjoy!






7 comments:

Tara said...

Ok that was hysterical. I really liked the dashboard confessional II guy. The way he kept running his fingers through his curly hair while the wind blew really caught my eye. Good times.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sammy Pow said...

I really want to make a witty comment but you so accurately described each video that I fear I'm out of my league. Thank you for bringing these videos into my life.

Lizzy said...

Those are some good videos. I think Arjun and Panu's video is probably my favorite only because I might have made a similiar video to it when I was in middle school. Don't tell anyone. I mean it.

Anonymous said...

Arjun and Panu video was good, i atually liked it..if u think about it...the video editing is good for something done for fun.

Anonymous said...

Dick

John said...

Wow, it looks like either Arjun or Panu found your blog and posted as "anonymous" to defend their video editing skills.

Thanks for these great links. The Huey Lewis and the News video is indeed the single greatest video I've ever seen. Amazing stuff.