03 October 2008

Why Do I Feel Like I Need Some Quaker Oats and Diabetes Supplies?

Thursday was a big night for TV watching at my house. The Utes played a horrible game, but had a great final two minutes. The Cubs lost another heart-breaker to the Dodgers. My Name is Earl had a episode featuring my favorite character from the show. And to top it all off, the most important debate ever in the history of the world was broadcast to an eager country desperate for leadership and a reassuring voice.

I enjoyed the debate, but really the thoughts that kept coming to my mind as I tried to digest what each candidate said were Quaker Oats and diabetes supplies.

I don't know if it is the insane amount of coaching or if it is really just her style, but Sarah Palin has that certain combination of down-home style combined with "straight talk" that only one other person in this world possesses.

Compare the following videos:



with



and



with (just the first minute)



Both Wilford Brimley and Sarah Palin have mastered the sublime skill of delivering folksy wisdom with a no nonsense, practical approach. People have questioned whether Sarah Palin was the right person for John McCain to choose as his running mate. I don't know the answer to that one, but if Sarah Palin can sell America on the Republican platform as well as Mr. Brimley has sold oats and insulin, the Republicans could be hard to beat.

3 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

I could see myself voting for Palin, if I hated my country.

I saw Wilford Brimley at Van Wagenes once, I was buying guitar strings he was buying a gun. It was aweseome.

Lizzy said...

This is an exact text I got from you, informant, earlier Thurday:

no office on tonight, I guess we'll have to watch the "comedy" of Sarah Palin debate.

I don't know if this post is you eating your words or not. I do know talking in a Sarah Palin accent is fun. Your darn right it is.

Anonymous said...

http://zianagel.webs.com/#ziana-reviews
ziana gel reviews [url=http://zianagel.webs.com/#get-rid-of-acne
] ziana anti aging [/url] ziana topical ziana coupon ziana trial coupon